When your pet is showing signs of an illness, or if a concern is discovered during a checkup, you want answers fast. Our expertise and diagnostic tools provide accurate answers quickly so that we can create an effective treatment plan for your pet.
Our capabilities include:
- Extensive blood panels — We use an external laboratory that picks up samples from our hospital twice a day, so you get the most thorough blood results quickly. We require bloodwork prior to any surgery, and we’ll often suggest bloodwork at your pet’s wellness exam—particularly for older pets—so that we can catch problems in the early stages.
- Cytology — As part of your pet’s exam, we encourage a fine needle aspirate of any mass on your dog or cat. If the mass is a lipoma (fatty mass), you will have answers quickly for instant piece of mind. If the mass is something more concerning, we can send the cells to our external laboratory for identification so appropriate treatment can begin.
- In-house blood analyzer — For urgent matters, we utilize an in-house blood analyzer that can provide us with a chemistry panel to check kidney, liver, and pancreatic function, hematocrit (for anemia), and glucose.
- In-house laboratory — We can also process tests in-house for heartworms, tick-borne disease, feline leukemia, and feline immunodeficiency virus, among other conditions.
- Digital radiography — Today’s digital x-rays are must faster and more detailed than film x-rays, enabling us to quickly spot the cause of your pet’s discomfort. We always fully discuss and explain our findings and our concerns.
When your pet is hurting, you want answers fast, and so do we. We’re pleased to offer our pet families the advantages of our diagnostic capabilities.